Wednesday, May 14, 2008

What was I thinking???

I want a vacation. Don't you just wish that you were here right now?




Lately I have been overwhelmed with too much ridiculous EXTRA CRAP. First off, why did I ever tell someone in my stake that I wanted to go to girl's camp? Maybe you all saw this coming a long time ago, but I am finally realizing this was a mistake. If they would have called me out of the blue one day and asked if I would be willing to go then that would be a different story, but I actually started "lobbying" as Chris says, to go to girls camp in January. I have a friend in the stake Young Women's Presidency, so I kept telling her how much I wanted to go to girls camp. What was I thinking?
Lots of additional nonsense that I also volunteered for consumes my time, but on 2nd thought I won't bore you with the details. Sufficeth to say...What was I thinking??

Meanwhile, my the dishes are in the sink, the laundry is piling up, and I have little time to do things that I really enjoy like blogging and random crafts because I feel guilty when I do them because I should be cleaning my house. Plus Chris is frustrated becuase I am stretched too thin and I am sure I am really grumpy and short with him and Tate.

Sorry about the rant. I think I just feel like wallowing in self-pity right now. At least I have learned my lesson from this whole thing: Don't volunteer for unnecessary things that will take you away from your family. I will be glad when girl's camp is over. ARghhhhhhhhh I want a vacation. I love vacations.

Tate is getting so funny. His little personaliy is starting it emerge. Lately when I look at him I have been starting to think that he looks like a little boy. Kind of sad. He's growing up. He's starting to get into all kinds of messes lately. It's kind of annoying, but kind of endearing at the same time. Here he is stuck under the kitchen table.

He's getting a little naughty, too. Here he is with my sister, Emily.
I love this shirt, too. Chris' sister bought it for him. It has this huge Rhino on the front and it says, "large and in charge" Although he is not as large as he used to be :(
He and Chris have also developed a new hobby:
Tatey Toodles: my new favorite nickname

7 comments:

Nicole said...

Tate is sooo cute! I just can't get over it!! I'm sorry you are so overwhelmed! I am not as stressed as you are but I could sure use a vacation. It's May 14th and still snowing in Idaho! Have I ever told you how much I dislike Idaho?

Natalie said...

Wow you are super busy! Good luck with girls camp. Tate is adorable, his cheeks look so kissable!

Lindsay said...

I am right there with you Melissa, I want a vacation. I am not as busy as you are, I just want to get out of my house and Gilbert. Good luck with things. Tate is adorable!

Spencer and Marlee said...

I can't believe how cute Tate is! Well actually I can because his Mom is HOTT!! I am sorry you are feeling overwhelmed! I feel that same way. Spencer is going to NY with his Brothers and Dad for a week! Im so jealous. I have been a little brain fried too recently. (I'm going to camp too plus work ect.) It's getting bad enough that Spencer said Marlee You need to take a trip! I couldn't agree more.

Unknown said...

I always volunteer for more than I should too. It's so overwhelming sometimes. I hope things get better for you soon.

Powell Family said...

Why is it that we all feel the need to volunteer for things? Is it because that is what we have been taught our whole lives? To serve and volunteer for things? Why do we always forget ourselves though and how much time it is going to take away from our families?! I too, and it sounds like everyone else, always stretch myself way thin. How I would love for a good 'ol getaway to a beach with white sand. Or even a girls retreat...we deserve it right?! Anyways, I hope camp quickly comes and quickly goes for you! Tate is absolutely adorable!

Jocey said...

i get to go to Hawaii because of the biggest losers! You up for that! I would have told you going to girls camp was a STUPID idea! Ha! Melanie asked me if I felt left out, I said, are you crazy, there is no way i could go!