Wednesday, July 15, 2009

July 10th: National Cow Appreciation Day

In honor of National Cow Appreciation Day (brought to you by Chick-fil-a) there was this fantastic opportunity to get free food. All you had to do was dress like a cow.  Here's my little cow Tate:

I talked some of my family into going with me for lunch. What a lovely herd, eh?

There is an awesome pool near our house that does a free swim every Friday night from 6-8, so for date night we went with some friends to the free swim, and then came over to our house and got ready to go to Chick-fil-a for dinner. Note the udder on Mike (in the middle) haha. 

I loved it. And then I went to 7-11 the next morning and got a free slurpee. (They give away free ones on 7.11) Last weekend kind of reminded me of when I was at EA and my room mates and I would basically go anywhere or do anything for a free meal. We would have been all over this Cow appreciation day!  I hate to admit it, but it was a little fun being back in that groove.
 
Do you love Chick-fil-a?(See my poll) They always seem to have some pretty fun stuff. Chris went yesterday and said that this week is customer appreciation week, and when you dine in they actually seat you at a table, (complete with tablecloth) take your order, etc. Clever. Delicious



8 comments:

Margo said...

That is hilarious!!! Good ole EA days. I think back to some of the stuff I did and laugh and wonder what people though!Looks like fun!

The Van Fam said...

Haha this was pretty funny! Good times! You are so creative with date nights! Can you email this picture? mikevanoo@msn.com thanks!!!

Mary Anne said...

oh my gosh...i MISS you!

Mike and Alecia said...

What a fun night!! Don't remind me of that udder, Oh Michael what to do with you. Thanks for a really fun cheap weekend!

Garet and Amanda said...

HOw fun I love it! I love that you can be married and have kids...and still be a kid yourself..even your mom!! I LOVE FREE FOOD!!!

Lindsay said...

That is so funny. I love the outfits very creative.

Trisha said...

We do the free 7-11 day every year. In San Diego we stay in a hotel right by the 7-11 and I think we get 3 or 4 free ones each. We got every other hour or so! I LOVE the freebies!

Unknown said...

Hahahaha....
its funny the outfits very creative.
great fun i like it...
__________________
Susana
Email Marketing Solutions