Monday, March 8, 2010

Tanner


Yesterday was Tanner Mckay Smith's birthday. Chris says he would have been 34 or 35 this year. Tanner is Chris' brother. I never had the opportunity to meet him. He died when Chris was about 16. Last night we took out his picture and Chris told us a little bit about his brother. Tate and Tanner were so sweet. They both just stared at the picture and were really pretty quiet while Chris told them about their uncle. He told of how Tanner was a cowboy. He told of how funny Tanner was, and how he always made people laugh. Even today when Tate saw his picture he said, "he's a good cowboy." Chris never really talks about his brother. Basically all I know about him I told you in those two sentences. I wish I knew more about him. I am excited to one day meet him.


3 comments:

Nikki said...

those are some touching pictures! I think that it is really special that Tanner was named after his uncle and that you are sharing part of who he was with your kids. Miss you!

Trisha said...

I never made that connection that Tanner was both a brother and your son. Very cool. I loved all the pictures!

Erin said...

It's so nice that your boys are learning about their uncle. What a great family moment.