Sunday, September 30, 2007

Surprise! Trip to Sedona


So my birthday was Friday, and Chris woke me up and said "Melissa, pack some clothes we're going on a trip!" So we started driving, and eventually I figured out we were going to Sedona. We stayed in a little bed an breakfast, and mostly just went sightseeing around the town.









One fun place was calle Tlaquepaque, and it looks like an old Spanish town or something. They had lots of little statues and fountains all over the place,
PLUS some killer mexican food.




(Did I mention that we stopped at the fudge shop 3 TIMES? !!!)


Our "Little Toad"


You would have thought that Tate was one of the greatest attractions in Sedona this weekend. You should have seen all the CRAZY retired folk around Tate this weekend. Seriously CRAZY. Poor Tate had women (some men, too!) in his face all weekend. He's a good sport.





Red Rock Crossing

We went on one little hike while we were there, since Tate kind of prohibits any long hikes, especially since we forgot his baby carrier. It was so beautiful!!

6 comments:

Erin said...

That looks like so much fun!! Was that last picture taken at a place called Red Rock? I think I recognize it. In high school we would ditch school in the spring time to go lay out at Red Rock. That's so fun that he surprised you like that.

Natalie said...

Happy Birthday!! It sound like you had a blast! Tate is so cute, I can understand why he was such a big hit with the ladies! You need to teach me how to make my blog look as cool as yours!

Joy said...

Hey Melissa! I found your blog through Natalie and I love it. Looks like you had a great weekend, oh and HAPPY (late) BIRTHDAY!! ! I am so glad you have a blog now, I think it is one of the easiest ways to keep people updated on day to day happenings. My blog address is http://aaronandjoyalbrecht.blogspot.com Hopefully we can keep in touch a little better now with our lovely blog world :)

Anonymous said...

Hii! Yah it was fun finding u! I saw your profile on Joys! Well heres mine so we can be "blogging friends! http://www.tannerlisawilliams.blogspot.com/

Erin said...

What a nice birthday surprise! It sounds like a memorable weekend. I can't believe how much Tate has grown. He looks good!

Spencer and Marlee said...

What a cute family!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY MELISSA! Looks like you had a great time! I love Sadona.
p.s. you do NOT look like you just had a baby! (but your boobs are bigger) haha