Sunday, November 18, 2007

7 facts

So I was tagged a while back, but I’ve been trying to think of some ½ way interesting things to say, and here’s what I came up with. One tag was for 6 things, and one was for 8, so I’ll compromise and do a nice even 7.

1. I’ll warn you first, this is the weirdest one. When I was younger I liked to pop people’s toes. (honestly, I still do.) Not friends or anything, but to my family and to Chris. I also don’t like dirty ears, so I used to clean out my brothers and sisters ears. I like zits too. Chris hates it, but if he ever has one…watch out. Which leads me to another point… at work I have had the opportunity to watch several “incision and drainage” procedures, and they are the most fascinating things to me…I LOVE watching them. So say there is an extremely reddened, swollen area on a person’s body. A doctor can slice into it, and drain whatever it is that is in there, which is usually mostly pus and sometimes chunks of who knows what. I could watch these everyday at work and never get tired of it. FASCINATING.
2. When I was in high school I thought that I wanted to be a journalist. I took some difficult writing/English classes when I was in high school and I really enjoyed it. I think I was actually an ok writer at one point, but I think I have forgotten most of what I learned. I was even an English tutor my first year of college, but then I ended up being a nurse, which isn’t like a journalist at all. ???
3. I have never had a filling or a cavity
4. Every time I go to the grocery store I buy 2 or 3 bananas, but when I get home they stay on the counter until they are rotten. I always see them sitting there at the store and they are so inexpensive and I think, “I should get a banana, because what if I want a banana this week”. I never want a banana, but I fall for them every time.
5. I hate ironing. Before I got married I told Chris, “just so you know, I hate ironing.” So he knew what he was getting into before he married me. It is just so boring. It’s not like you can do anything else while you are ironing besides listen to music. Even if you are watching tv, that just drags it out. So Chris wears dress clothes everyday, and when we were first married we had some “discussions” because he wanted me to iron all of his shirts, but I wanted him to because, after all, they were his shirts (Does that make me a bad wife?) So he would say, “well, I don’t want to iron them either, I’ll just take them to the dry cleaners”. And I would tell him, “that’s a waste of money”. Then he would tell me, “if you think it’s a waste of money, then why don’t you just iron my shirts?” And thus we would go round and round. So now we just take them to the dry cleaners, and it is SO worth the money. Sometimes for birthdays or Christmas I iron a few shirts, and then I remember why I hate ironing.
6. I love going out to eat. I think it is because I am the oldest of 9 kids, so we didn’t go out to dinner all that often. I think it is so fun. On Friday nights Chris and I usually go out to dinner, and I look forward to it all week long.
7. I love staying home with Tate. When I was pregnant I would wonder ‘what am I going to do all day when I stay home with the baby?’ Well, I love it. I couldn’t imagine doing anything else. I’m glad that Chris enables me to stay home and be tater’s mommy!

12 comments:

Natalie said...

I love popping zits too. It is the worst argument that Matt and I have... I want to pop his zits he doesn't want me to. I also fall for the bananas. Your lucky Chris is willing to take his shirts to the dry cleaner! Matt won't iron his shirts and he also thinks it is a waste of money to take them to the cleaners. So he either wears a extremly wrinkled shirt or I end up ironing it.

Lindsay Riggs said...

Very interesting facts, Melissa! I'm glad to hear that you like English :)

Erin said...

Melissa, I loved this post! Mostly because I kept thinking to myself, ME TOO!! So, I'll just go through the list...
I LOVE to see what comes out of zits! And I love to pick at things like that. If someone is sunburned I will peel they're skin for hours if they'd let me.
Jace and I have had the same ironing fight. But our solution is spraying the shirt down and throwing it in the dryer. No, it doesn't look as nice, but I'm not going to iron it and neither is he... and Jace is way too much of a cheap skate to ever go to the cleaners!
And I love to eat out too. We also go every Friday night and it's a great little date night tradition that we have.
You guys are so fun! Too bad we don't live closer to eachother.

Random... do you remember our little "bonding night" in Animas, NM sharing a bed at Preston's house? Fun trip. The song "Stacy's mom has got it goin on!" comes to mind when I think about that.

Erin said...

Wow... you were just talking about loving writing and then I noticed that I spelled "They're" wrong. Which is funny, because I HATE when people spell Their, You're... things like that wrong. And I've officially written WAY too much on your blog tonight!!

Alyssa said...

I guess I forgot how wierd and cute you are!!! J/K you are not wierd. Thanks for sharing your interesting facts. I enjoyed reading them.

Erin said...

I am so glad you did this post. I learned a lot about you. I don't think you're a bad wife for not ironing. I refuse to do it as well. Robert has basically resigned to the fact that if he wants it done, he does it himself.

Spencer and Marlee said...

Man of man!! I remember in the Apt our fresh year we dug out Matt's toe nail! We both know that we love stuff like that! I LOVE ZITS!!! That is a fact! I also warned Spencer that I HATE to iron. His mom ironed for him all the time. I told him I will not do that. I will do other things but not Iron. Since we have been married i have ironed 2 shirts of his. I just hate it! Sometimes he takes his suits to the cleaners to get them pressed and I agree it is worth it!

Gina Lee said...

Hey I just wanted to let you know that I work came up for next thursday. I am so bummed to. I was so excited to make the trip down there to paint. It was going to be such a fun ROAD TRIP!! We'll have to do it another time. I am sure you are still welcome to go down there and stay with Marlee, but the lady that I watch ehr kids called me today and really needs me. And with the holidays coming up...I need all the money we can get!! We should still hang out sometime. Now that the Promanade opened I want to drive down there and check it out. We'll have to plan a shopping day...a CHRISTMAS shopping day. Have a great Thanksgiving and I will talk to you later.

Haymore Family said...

hey melissa, it is camille! i was just looking through blogs bored, and found yours! your baby is so cute and i can't believe how good you look! wow! just wanted to say hi and see how you all were!

Trina said...

Hey Mellisa and Chris!
I saw your blog on someones, I don't even remember. I just wanted to say Hi. It is Trina from the Los Altos ward in Mesa. Maybe I will see you sometime in the nursing world!

Natalie said...

Hey, I heard you stopped by! I am sad I missed you. I hope I will get to see you for Christmas. We will be back the 18th thru the 3rd!
Happy Holidays!

Ben and Chelsee said...

Melissa! I can't believe your baby!! He is a tanker, but my goodness is he cute. I mean really really cute. I would expect nothing less from you though. Anyway I am so glad you found me, and we need to do lunch or something before Meghan leaves for Kentucky!
Love-Chelsee