Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Miracles and horses

So Tate went to the Dr. yesterday for his 4 month appt. For almost the first 2 months of his life the kid grew on average 1 lb. per week. Since then he was slowed down a little bit, but he still is LARGE.
Wt. 18lb 11oz (>95th percentile)
Ht. 25.5 inches (60th percentile)

I find this significant because when I was about 7 or 8 months along, Tate was measuring really small-like in the 2-4th percentile range. The Dr. advised me to stop working since at work I was on my feet all day for 12 hour shifts. He thought that maybe Tate wasn't getting as much blood to the placenta as he needed, and that if I took it easy that it might help him grow. I also had to go and be monitored 2x per week to make sure that the baby wasn't in any kind of distress or anything. So my family had a fast that next fast Sunday for me and Tate. It was so sweet, even my 5 year old brother fasted the whole day (without being asked) because he was so worried about his soon to be nephew. So when he was born he was 6lb 8oz which is about the 14th percentile or so, but he was so healthy and strong! So we feel that it really was an answer to prayer and fasting that he has done so well. Another worry I had was "what if he is a little runt for the rest of his life". And no, it doesn't look like he will be a runt the rest of his life. He is HUGE and I LOVE it!!!
On another note, Tate finally really saw a horse for the first time, and his daddy is so proud. Tate is a natural horseman. We have held Tate up to the horse's face sooo many times, but he always looks right past it as if he is oblivious to the huge animal that is right in front of his face. So on Sunday we took him over to see the horses, and he actually acknowledged their existence and he actually loved it!
First solo ride

If you make this one bigger you can see this huge drool spot running down his chin. Very gross, yet somehow very cute.
Tate loved this little horse. Later he grabbed onto the horse's face with both hands and tried to put him in his mouth.

7 comments:

Lindsay Riggs said...

How fun! Those are the cutest cowboy PJs, too! He is such a cute chubby guy!

Gina Lee said...

He is so stinkin cute...and chubby! I love it. I am really sad we are not sitting in Sierra Vista right now with Marlee and me getting to squeeze Tate's cheeks! Maybe another time. I really want to make it down there one of these weeks. Maybe we could make it a during the week trip and just go visit. Anyways, hope you had a great thanksgiving!

Alyssa said...

He is so cute!! I can't wait till ours gets here!! Can you email me your home address please? I'm trying to get addresses together for the birth announcments. Thanks! maryalyssa@gmail.com

Joy said...

I love the horse pics, Tate looks so cute!

Stock Family said...

Slade was 18lbs 3oz when he was 4 months too! He was so heavy and my back constantly hurt. I feel for you! But, chubby babies are the best!

Erin said...

I can't believe how much he's grown! What a cute little guy. I love the chubby cheeks. I remember holding Tate in RS and thinking how little he was. Wow, time changes things so quickly!

Mary Anne said...

Okay so your baby is basically so squeezable looking...i need to get down there to AZ and find out if it's true. Well our blog is LAME-O but it's pretty new and i'm still trying to figure stuff out so give me a little bit and then come check us out again!
P.S. i know NOTHING about nikons...i'm totally a Canon girl, but if you want to talk photography then CALL ME...it's nice to have something i can give advice about...it doesn't happen too often! love you guys!