Sunday, December 30, 2007

December

A recap of the month:



We made Christmas cookies


Every Christmas Eve my parents do a small nativity play thing . This year Tate got to be baby Jesus. Chris was Joseph. Sorry the picture is sideways. My youngest brother is 6yo and up until last year he was still playing baby jesus. I went and dug up a hilarious picture of him in "swaddling clothes" from last year, maybe I'll scan it in later. Last year when we told my family that we were having a baby, the first thing that my little brother said was "yeah! I don't have to be baby jesus anymore!" So ever since that time this was a greatly anticipated event-Tate playing the part of baby Jesus. He was such a good little guy, and didn't make a peep the whole time.
The whole family. (Minus one brother on mission in Argentina) Part of the fun of it is wearing ridiculous costumes. My dad is always the donkey, and he wears these big construction paper ears. I, being Mary, got to ride to the manger on the donkey this year. My other favorite costume this year was my brother Jason's. He is on the far right and is wearing a little girl's slip for his part as an angel. It might sound a little sacreligious, but it really isn't. We just have a good time. Please pull this one up on your computer. You won't be dissapointed.

So we took some family pictures a few weeks ago. I love the ones of Tate. You can see them here: http://forgetmenotbyjana.com/index2.php?v=v1
Click on galleries, and then recent work. Tate actually rolled over for the first time while we were getting pictures taken...pretty exciting stuff.


On another note, Christmas came and went and my new favorite toy is....




Ever since Tate was born I've been becoming more interested in photography, mostly so I can take good pictures of him. I'm very excited about the camera. Even after the first pictures I took I knew that I was falling in love.(with the camera, that is) There's a lot to learn about photography out there. I've been checking out some book at the library, reading the owner's manual, etc. It's been a fun discovery. Pictures to come shortly. Don't expect too much, though. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!





11 comments:

Lindsay Riggs said...

Fun update! How exciting that you got such a nice camera! Your family pics are very cute! Jason's costume was the first thing I noticed in that picture :)

Joy said...

Your family pictures are so cute, she did a great job!

Erin said...

Yea for an update! I love the Christmas tradition. My family never did that, but I've always thought that it's a cute idea. I'm excited to see the pictures you take!! Oh, and I saw the pictures on Jana's website and LOVED them! Tate looks so cute. I love his belly rolls!

Darrell and Ashlee said...

hey Melissa, I love the pictures they are so cute! Our address is darrellandashlee.blogspot.com

Spencer and Marlee said...

Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas! I love doing the nativity tradition. It is always a good time! Tate is so CUTE!! my goodness he adorable!

Erin said...

Looks like you guys have a good time during the holidays. I love the black and white of Tate.

Mary Anne said...

melissa hooray! you got a camera! i know nothing about nikon, except i do know that's a nice one! you will have SO much fun with it. and i swear I'll get some posts up on our blog eventually...i totally fell off the face of the earth at Christmas and have had a hard time getting back on since the new year! i love those pictures that girl took of your family...SO PRECIOUS

Haymore Family said...

looks like you guys had a fun christmas! tate is so dang cute!

Erin said...

I totally agree that our kids should be lovers! I wouldn't mind being related to you and Chris.

Stacy said...

Melissa,
I am so happy you found out blog. I have not seen you in forever! I also have not heard any up dates so I didn't know that you had a baby! That is great. Let's keep in touch.

Jen and Bryan said...

Melissa, so fun that you got a camera. I found a great guy in my ward that is a photographer and all but moved in with him. There is SO SO SO much to learn and depending on how much time and money you are willing to put into it will determine where you go. I am still such a beginner but am LOVING learning everything I can. Seriously, just dive in and don't look back. Email me with any questions you have and I will do my best to answer them. (again: BEGINNER) jenwyeth@gmail.com. Have so much fun with it and just read everything you can on line. Start with exposure (esp aperture, ISO, and shutter speed). That will keep you busy for a while. If you can get exposure down you're off to a GREAT start. Lighting is, in my opinion, your best friend and worst enemy when it comes to picture taking. Enjoy!!