Saturday, January 19, 2008

Potpourri

There's a lot I've wanted to blog about, but I'm finally just sitting down to do it. Much of my time has been spent on random endeavors that Chris and I are undertaking, but more on that tomorrow. My next post is going to be entitled "Ode to Chris," but again, more on that tomorrow. This post may be a bit jumbled, jumping from one thing to another, but at least you'll be up to speed. I'll call it a potpourri.
For new years we went to Pinedale to a friend's cabin. There Tate got to spend some quality time with his new best friend, Parker. This was seriously not posed at all. Tate loved him. We had tons of fun, made some new friends, and Chris stayed up until 3am ish playing guitar hero by himself. Tate also tried rice cereal for the first time and he LOVES eating real food now. Up to date he's had sweet potatoes, green beans and bananas. He thinks he's big stuff.





On new year's day I was able to see some friends from high school. I love when we are able to get together and catch up. We're all kind of spread out- from here to Arkansas, but I'm glad we were able to meet up.

This is my little brother Douglas. He turned 8 on Dec. 31st and was baptized Jan 12th. Of all the people in my family, I think he might like Tate the most. Ok, maybe not the most, but he likes him a lot. When I was pregnant with Tate he would ALWAYS ask if he could be there when Tate was born. I think he thought that babies just come out of your belly button or something like that. So I would tell him "no, you cannot be there." Then he would ask, "well can I be in the room next to the room where you are having your baby?" NO. He's growing up, and he's a lot of fun. After his baptism I told him to go stand by that tree you see in the back ground and he said, "actually, I think I'm going to kneel right here and put my arm on my knee." OK. So he posed himself, and I think he looks pretty handsome!

6 comments:

Mary Anne said...

yeah! i've been waiting for an update and that picture of tate lovingly putting his head on that other kid's shoulder is awesome. plus...when did DOUG grow up??? holy cow! so handsome...now taylor's the youngest right? for a second i was thinking that this was the youngest, and I just about shot through a time warp. whew...

Mary Anne said...

p.s. is the girl in the white shirt (top left) named keri? she looks like a girl who's from sierra vista...

Powell Family said...

That picture of Tate is so cute! What a sweet little friend he is. And how dang cute is that of Doug to pose himself. What a little ham! Let's get together soon. We always wait so long to do it, so let's start planning now. What works for you? Fridays and weekends are best for me.

Lindsay Riggs said...

Very fun...all of it!

Stacy said...

Wow you had your friends already have so many babies. I feel so far behind.

Haha I have decided that your little brother is too cute. I love his postion he picked for the picture. He looks like a little missionary.

Nicole said...

I can't believe Doug Is already 8!! What a cutie! I have to say, I am a little sad I couldn't be in that picture with all you girls. Someday I'll be there in good old Arizona again!