Wednesday, March 5, 2008

My Little Dumpling

For a while I've been wanting to do a post about some of my favorite websites, but today I am going to share just one.

http://thepioneerwomancooks.com/

Maybe most of you already know the "Pioneer Woman" ??? If not, you may be in for a treat. I think that she's HILARIOUS! I stumbled across her website a few months ago, and I find my self going back every few days to see what's new. She has another website "Confessions of a Pioneer Woman" (see link on her cooking site), but I think that I like this one the best. I've tried a couple of her recipes and they have been awesome, plus they never have weird stuff in them. Usually it's stuff that I already have. On Monday I tried her latest addition to the website and it was DIVINE! So, that's why I am sharing her with you now.


And now for the weird part of my post...

I was feeding Tate, so Chris said that he would make the recipe, which happens to be for "Apple Dumplings" (See it's really easy. Even Chris can do it, and he never cooks.)


So after I was done I wanted to take a couple of pictures because I knew that I wanted to blog about the recipe...and this is what happened:

It's ok if you are a little frightened by these pictures. Frankly, I am too. Despite the chef, the dumplings, like I said before, were SOOO good. The recipe is on her website, so check it out.
Tate was practicing crawling during all of this...so I just wanted to show one of him too!

14 comments:

Stacy said...

Thanks for the website. I am always looking for new ideas.

Erin said...

Oh my word! Chris is so goofy. He cracks me up. I will definitely check out that website!

And about Travis... he's taller than Jace! Prob close to 6 foot. Haha. We can hook them up!

Mary Anne said...

oh my chris...he hasn't changed a bit! this is probably exactly what I would expect pictures of him posing by his creation to look like. I mean maybe not exactly, but I'm not surprised! face it Melissa...your husband is hilarious. And Tate is still cute as ever!
And thanks for the recipe idea...that looks really yummmmy (and yes I'm aware there are too many m's.)

Mary Anne said...

okay so I totally went to her website and was impressed beyond all reason. First...the woman is an amazing photographer. Second, she goes through each and every step and gives you a picture. Third, she's funny! Fourth, I'm drooling after looking at all the recipes. This is a woman who has is all together.

Powell Family said...

Watch out GQ here Chris comes! Those pics are so funny! Tate is absolutely adorable too! Thanks for the awesome website.

Haymore Family said...

oh wow! those look so good! im excited about this website! thanks

and when did chris come out of the closet? i always knew he would get the courage! bravo chris bravo!
haha jk

Mary Anne said...

hi...it's me again. I bought all the stuff to make those apple yummies tomorrow for family dinner. I'm excited. if they're are good...I'll be ever exciteder.

Traci said...

Looks delicious! Your baby is so cute...& definitely a chunker :)

Natalie said...

Very impressive. Chris is a natural and those dumplings look very yummy. Matt keeps suggesting that I try it out. Tate of course is very adorable!

Tyler and Ericka said...

Hey Melissa! This is Ericka, how are you???? Tate is way cute! How are things going? Where are you living at?

Spencer and Marlee said...

Dude, those are awesome pictures of Chris! What a dork! I love it. I agree we need to have a girls night! Thanks for the website! I will be sure to look at it!

ps Tate I just want to squeeze him! He is SOOO cute!

Spencer and Marlee said...

okay so I am posting another one! I just looked at the pictures of Tate! What a gosh CUTE little guy!

Jen and Bryan said...

Can I PLEASE squeeze his legs?!?!? I love it! (Tate's... not Chris... although I'm sure he has great legs too. hehe)

Mary Anne said...

I made the little dumplings and they turned out good...everyone seemed to love them. I was actually really really full from dinner and so I don't think I enjoyed it as much as I could have...but still good. Have you tried the jalepeno things wrapped in bacon or her lasagna? I give both an A+...those jalepeno things are SO EASY! Thanks for sharing the site...I LOVE IT!