Thursday, March 20, 2008

Ohhh...Mexico

This past weekend we were able to go to Rocky Point with some friends that we met in one of our wards in Mesa. (Thanks for the invite!) They have a little boy, Parker, who is a couple of months younger than Tate, so it is fun to watch our two little boys play together. Well, they don't actually play together, but we try and make them play together. Here they are on the beach-they loved the sand!



Alecia's family goes every spring break to Mexico, and it is their tradition to go get tacos really late at night. They call it the "midnight taco run" So we were able to do that a couple of times, too.

They also go every morning to "Pedro's" house and he makes tortillas just for their family. Chris went a little crazy with the tortillas and el pastor (kind of pork) while we were in Mexico. That was pretty much all he talked about. Tate preferred the stray dogs.





And his keys. (BTW-this is his favorite toy for the past several months...all you expecting mothers you have got to get these keys. Somehow they are so fascinating to Tate. PLUS I think they are like in the toy hall of fame- because they are that good. )

Family Picture.



This really isn't the greatest picture, but I love how Tate is looking at me. He's really starting to like me. He recognizes me and reaches for me, and fake laughs at me, and even kisses me. He is starting to get so fun.
As for me, I was just glad to get a little sun and do NOTHING! O yes- and the food was good too.

9 comments:

Lindsay Riggs said...

How fun! I love the James Taylor song to go with the post!! I bet that was such a fun getaway!

Spencer and Marlee said...

I love Rocky Point! The tocos are amazing there! That's always one of the highlights when my family goes! Tate is getting so big and gosh darn cute!

Nicole said...

That's so fun that you got to go to rocky point!! I am extremely Jealous! I am just counting the days when I can start soaking in the sun!!!

Powell Family said...

How fun!! We need to take Allie to the beach so bad...my fingers are crossed for this summer. Tate is so dang cute in his little hat.

Stacy said...

Wow looks like so much fun. the whole time I was reading this it made me want some Tacos. YUMMY!!!

Margo said...

Ya, I wish at this point I was still naive about the whole thing. My mother in law called though and said she was probably 300 of those visits. Makes me feel a little better! Now Brock thinks someone is stalking our page. Rigghhhttt. Mexico looks fun! We are selling our sandrail right now and getting four wheelers and may go in June.

Mary Anne said...

how fun! mexico reminds me of my senior year when I went with Marlee and all my other senior year friends...it was one of the best times of my life! I'm glad you guys had fun...Tate is so cute looking at you in that one picture...just a cute family. love you guys!

Natalie said...

Looks like so much fun. After reading your blog I'm craving Tacos. It was really good to see you this past week.

Sharisa at Outstanding Occasions said...

Okay, after your post about the pioneer woman I decided to check out her website and now I am so happy I did! Her husband must be the same as mine because he has liked everything I have gotten on her site. She is great and I am so glad that you led me to it! Thanks :) And keep the reccomendations coming :)Oh and your family in Mexico is so adorable! I didn't realize that you were related to the Ash's