Saturday, April 5, 2008

Shoes

Last spring I was trying to find bedding for Tate. I had decided that it would be cheaper to make bedding and plus I wasn't crazy about anything that I had seen, so I was looking for fabric online. I had decided that I wanted to do his room in cowboy so I found this retro looking cowboy print that I loved from Michael Miller fabrics.



Any way a couple of months ago I was on their website again and I noticed their blog.There's some good stuff on there! Here it is:

http://www.makingitfun.blogspot.com/

They have the cutest fabric- if you're into that kind of thing you should look around. They recently released a new line of fabric as well. It's girly and retro looking. I love it.
This was my favorite "general conference project" that they had on the blog:






Baby shoes! They say they are for 0-6 months, but Tate sqeezed into these girl ones a couple of weeks ago. (Don't tell Chris about the girl shoes) You can find the pattern on the right hand side of the blog under "cloth shoes" or something like that. They are pretty easy, too. The longest part is cutting out all the pieces. Even then, there are only 3 pattern pieces, you just have to cut out a lot of the same piece. Finally I figured out that if I folded the fabric 3 or 4 times I only had to cut once-duh!

These are my two favorites I think:




If you're feeling lucky, I'm thinking of a number between 1 and 20 and whoever guesses the closest can have their choice of the above shoes...if you want. I'm no seamstress, but I do like how they turned out. Seriously, what would I do with 4 pair of baby shoes?


On another note, Tate got his two bottom teeth this week! I think that they are the cutest little teeth I have ever seen...

Here he is playing in, or rather eating, the sand in his almost done sand box. He loves it.

13 comments:

Natalie said...

Those shoea are so cute. Your so talented. I guesse #15

Stacy said...

oh how cute. I am impressed Mellissa.

Lindsay said...

I love those shoes, I need to try making some for Bekah Lynn. I guess number 7. You are very talented

Nicole said...

Very Cute!!! I know I don't have any babies but if you don't mind I'd still like to guess. I think they're adorable. I am going to guess your favorite # 5. (that is your favorite number still, right?)

Nicole said...

Tate looks adorable with his new teeth by the way!!!

Powell Family said...

What a good mom you are! Those shoes are soooo cute! I would have to agree with you that baby teeth are the cutest things ever!

Mary Anne said...

wow I can't believe you made those! Okay so I actually CAN believe it because you are crafty, but still those are so cute. I am totally telling my sister-in-law about this too because she loves this kind of stuff. You always find the best stuff online...please keep sharing!

Mary Anne said...

and i would make a guess on a number...but I would feel bad because I don't even have a baby. oh what the heck...I guess 10.

Joy said...

What a cute thing to make! I think I'll go with 2 for the heck of it. I love the bedding material you picked out, you are so talented to make all these crafty projects!

Erin said...

The shoes look great! I also love the toothy smile!

Stock Family said...

Those are so cute! I choose #4. I didn't look to see if anyone chose that one yet...

Amanda said...

8... :) Those are cute! I have to make some. Oh, by the way... Nathan did not break his nose. I figured I didn't need to go to the doc, but they pressured me into it and said he's fine. :)Email me and I'll send you an invite to my blog. I don't think I've done that yet. mamnwhite@gmail.com

Erin said...

Eeew!! I want to guess, but I didn't see this until today and someone probably already guessed your number :) I'm going to choose #18 just in case you haven't given them away yet!

Those are so cute Melissa. Dido to what MaryAnne said, keep posting about good websites!!