Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Catch up

I feel like a blogger failure. I've been wanting to post, but I feel so far behind I have been putting it off. First off, if you look to the right I have a poll to vote on sex of our baby. My ultrasound is next Monday, so we'll see. I'm excited.


This past weekend we went camping with my family for a couple days, and then on Monday we went to Pinetop for a team roping thing with Chris' parents. Tate HATED camping. I thought he was so grumpy the whole time. One bright spot for him, admist all the agony, was this ear of corn straight from my grandma's garden:
He also liked this dirt bike. He just wanted to sit on it forever. Chris actually took him for a ride, and he didn't like that as well. He was more content to just sit. Tate is all boy. It is so funny.
He loves to be in the middle of whatever is going on, and he loves tools. He has also turned into a master copycat. If you can imagine, Tate was a HUGE help when we were fixing our new house.Here is a picture of Tate and Chris' dad, Stan, on Labor Day. At the roping Chris won a little money, but his dad actually won a saddle. The saddle winners get their pictures put in this little roper's newspaper called The Jackpot, and Stan wanted Tate to be in the picture with him.
Maybe I haven't posted for so long because we moved? Right now this is actually my new favorite part of the house. I found this light for a good price at Lowe's because it was a former floor model or whatever. The picture doesn't do it justice, but it looks like a tarnished platinum or something.

The home was bank owned before we bought it, so it needed quite a bit of work. I repainted the cupboards in the kitchen:
We had to get a new sink:
Below that pic is a before picture of the stairs. The whole house looked like this on the walls. There were boogers EVERYWHERE. It was disgusting. This is my favorite room; the loft. Our previous house didn't have a very good room for kids to play, so I am glad that this one has such a big room. There were several holes in the wall like you see in this picture that had to be repaired as well. We turned it into the tv area/play room. The carpet was gross, and we had to get that replaced as well. Seriously it seemed that any time anything was spilt, the previous owners just left it there. The carpets had huge spots, the pantry took forever to clean because there was unidentified goop everywhere. There were splatter marks all over the kitchen... you get the picture. And to top it all off, all of the toilets had those soft, sqishy, plastic toilet seats. Disgusting.


This the kitchen/family room, as looking from the stairs, and then below that picture you can see the laminate floor that replaced the tile, and you can kind of see the new carpet. I love this laminate floor, but it is much more difficult to take care of than I hoped. Bummer.



So yeah, that's about it. We're moved in, and we LOVE living in town. We have seen a huge decrease in the amount of gas we're buying, and Tate and I get to hang out with Chris more than we did in Casa Grande, since he doesn't spend 1 1/2 hours driving everyday. It's glorious.

15 comments:

Lindsay Riggs said...

Your house is looking great, Melissa! We're in the process of fixing our house up before we move in. How did you do your kitchen cabinets? I've been wanting to do that same look to our entertainment center and maybe eventually to some cabinets, but I'm afraid to get started because I don't want it to end up looking cheesy. Yours look great! Seriously, will you please email me with some pointers? Thanks!

Lindsay said...

You have done a lot of work on your house. It looks great! I love how you painted your cabinents. Tate is so cute. He looks like he is a bigger helper with the house remodeling.

Erin said...

I am so impressed with your home improvements! I wouldn't even know where to start with such a project. The house looks great and I LOVE the chandalier(sp?).

Powell Family said...

I can't believe how much you guys have done! I will always be amazed with people who can imagine possibilities and turn something trashed into something so cute! I unfortunately can never see the possibilities so I never buy smart. I love the pic of Tate helping Chris on the floor. Tate is looking less and less like a baby! I'm excited to check back and see what you find out at your ultrasound!

Sharisa at Outstanding Occasions said...

It's like watching a home makeover show! It looks so good and I love how you did your kitchen cabinets.

Gina Lee said...

Hey! looks like a work in progress. How fun! I love projects. But its looking great! Also we had laminate in our condo and I LOVED it. I dont know if you know this secret or not...but swiffer things didnt work for us. I just used windex, spray it on and use a rag or paper towel to wipe up. Works like a charm!!

Mike and Alecia said...

Wow I love that chandaleir. Have I seen that? The house looks amazing! And definitely WHEN you find out your having a girl we will for sure have to make headbands. That would be a lot of fun.

Natalie said...

I can't ever understand how people can live in such nasty lifestyle! I'm like Mindy, I would have taken one look at the place and said no thanks. But you guys have done a great job!!I love the light and the new flooring. The cabinets look great too. When Matt and I finaly get a house I am hiring you and Chris to help out with the repairs!! I can't wait to find out what you are having. Do you have any feeling of what it might be?

Garet and Amanda said...

The house is looking good. You really have a nack for decorating and remodeling. I don't have the talent at all. All the improvements really look nice.

Alyssa said...

All of your house changes reminds me of when we fixed up our last house in Mesa. We had to replace everything. It's nice to be able to pick and choose everything you want though. It looks great, good job guys! So glad your back in town. Darin told me about Chris' beard. Cool!

Nicole said...

Your house is adorable! I love what you've done to it! I can't wait to find out what you are having! I secretly hope it's a girl so that my little one can have a friend to play with!

The Ayers Family said...

I totally know that floorplan!Are you in The Gardens? You guys did an AWESOME job!

Erin said...

I didn't know you were having another baby! Hooray! That's terrific. Let us know what the sex is when you get a chance. Your new place looks so spacious. I am so impressed with all the work you're putting into it. I'm sure it will be beautiful when you're finished.

Mary Anne said...

wow! things sure are coming along in the house, and it looks great! that is so fun that you and chris are fixing it up together. It will totally feel like yours when you're all done with it. I really want to do this with Dusty someday. And I can't wait to find out if you're having a boy or a girl! So exciting!

Brenna said...

Ahhh Glorious! you are funny! ha! That is way neat! I love seeing the before end after shots! You have worked magic on those cabinets they are so classy! & it is the best when you get a hold of a great find eh! The light fixture is so pretty! Good eye!