Saturday, April 25, 2009

The beginning

Well, I also must post about the very first father and sons camping trip. I guess it was actually a father and son camping trip, since Tanner was not in attendence. ( next year ???) Tate adores Chris, and likes to do EVERYTHING that Chris does. He likes to wear a hat like him, he likes to listen to the ipod like him... basically if Chris is doing something, Tate thinks that he should be doing the same thing. I love how he is looking at Chris is this picture. I told you that he ADORES him!


Chris says that he took a fancy to the shovel all evening. I mean, who wouldn't?

My all-time favorite fathers and sons picture. Tate was so giddy and goofy as they were loading up the truck. He started trying to tease Chris by wiping boogers on him. He was cracking up, he thought that he was so funny.

As I write about their trip I find my self really appreciative of Chris. Tate is so young he didn't have to take him this year, but Chris genuinely enjoys being with Tate. I love that. They are so cute together. He is a REALLY good dad to Tate and Tanner. I have always loved seeing him around kids becuase he is so good with them, and the kids always, without fail, love him. BUT it is totally different seeing him with OUR kids. It just stirs stronger emotions, I guess. My boys are very lucky.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

I love the picking their nose picture. Matt is excited to take Blake camping this year.

Erin said...

I love the hero worship. Nate does the same with Robert. Thank goodness for good, attentive, active fathers.

Mary Anne said...

melissa...i just love you. i know this post was about chris and tate, but i just love you. not that i don't think chris and tate are great, but i mean we were bedroom mates and it just brings the relationship to a whole new level.

anyway, that picture of chris and tate picking their noses is...well...totally awesome.

Spencer and Marlee said...

That is so cute how Tate just loves with his Daddy! HOw cute!! He is getting so big and ADORABLE!!!