Saturday, April 25, 2009

I had a life changing event occur a couple of weeks ago. Seriously. My friend and former room mate Brittney invited me to go to her salon one afternoon {Tantrum} because she needed to bring someone to a class that her boss was teaching, so that she could practice the technics that were going to be taught. So the class was on how to backcomb aka "rat" "tease" (or whatever you want to call it) your hair. So I was able to listen to the whole class and ever since then I have actually LOVED my hair almost every single day. This is a big deal. Ask Chris. Half the time I usually am not too pleased with my hair-do. I have MAJOR volume problems becuase my hair is so fine.Usually my hair looks like it is plastered to my head, which I hate. So you see, this really has changed my life in a very small way.


I thought that I knew how to backcomb before this class, but I came to the realization that I was actually totally in the dark. So with all of this being said, I am willing to offer what knowledge I now possess- for a small fee...just kidding. I love my new skill!!! Life changing, fo sure.

7 comments:

Stock Family said...

Wow! Very sexy! I'm happy to learn that I wasn't the only one that had no idea how to do that.

Erin said...

Sometimes I think I know and other times I need MAJOR help! So please, if you don't mind, pass your knowledge in my direction.

Haymore Family said...

wow that is so exciting and i love your hair! now you need to do a post and teach us all how to have cute melissa hair!!! your boys are so cute!

Powell Family said...

I too have been blessed to be friends with girls who know how to rat! I thought I knew how to get volume until I met my nursing girls. One night we had a hair spray party and watched the movie Hair Spray. The party favors were headbands and bottles of hair spray and I learned to "rat pack" my hair. Like you said, it was life changing. However, a little brush up lesson is I'm sure in order. So another one of your "How To" posts would be helpful. And I love your hair!!

Natalie said...

Thank you for being willing to share your knowledge. I have been trying to get Naomi to teach me how to tease my hair, but her comment is always, "I don't know, my hair just happens this way." What?

Mary Anne said...

hey sexy lady! yeah...i could use some of your skills. feel free to share next time i'm there!

Trisha said...

Very fun and sexy!